You can link directly to your store categories on your website. You may wish to link to your store categories on a dropdown menu on your website's top navigation, or perhaps on a linked image on your home page.
The below instructions will open the Category as a "pop-up". If you have already embedded your individual category on its own page, then simply enter the Page Title in the link field. How to embed a store category on a page.
You can find the URL for each category by navigating to Catalog Categories on the left-hand sidebar of your Shop App, select the category, then navigate to the SEO settings.
Remember! If you ever change the Primary URL for your website, then you should also update the URL wherever you link to your store categories.
Add Store Categories as Navigation Items
You can link to your store categories to your website's top navigation menu. To do this, you will want to create a Navigation Item that links to each category.
In the Content panel, navigate to the Navigation Item that you will be adding the link. Paste the URL in the Link field.
Link a Button to a Store Category
There are two methods to add buttons on iHeartSiteBuilder:
- Creating a Button Content Block
- Adding a Button within an existing Content Block
Create a Button Content Block
On the Content panel, navigate to the desired page where you would like to add a button.
- Scroll down to the section of the page where you would like this button to be inserted. Click on the green (+) button between any two existing Content Blocks, then select Button from the menu that appears.
- In the Button text field, paste the URL for your desired store category. In the Button Text field, you can enter the text that you would like to display on the button (i.e. the Category name).
Add a Button Inside an Existing Content Block
Sometimes, there are instances where you want to insert a button within a specific text area or block. Adding a button inside an existing Content Block provides some additional options for fitting the button within your existing content.
To get started, navigate to the Content Block where you would like to add the button:
- In the text area, type the words that you would like to appear on the button.
- Highlight the text that you entered, then click the "Insert Button" icon just above the text box (see screenshot below).
- Paste the URL for the desired store category in the text box that appears, then click Add.
The text will appear in a grey rectangle, which denotes that it is a button. A blue checkmark will appear to confirm that the changes were made successfully.