Google Analytics offers you a great and free way to monitor the different traffic going to your website. To add Google Analytics tracking to your website:
1. Go to the Google Analytics site.
2. Select the blue SIGN IN link in the top right-hand corner, then choose Analytics in the drop-down options. Login to your current Google account by entering your credentials.
If you don't already have a Google Account, select Create An Account, then input your site and account information.
3. Enter your New Account information into the fields provided.
4. Select Get Tracking ID.
5. Agree to the Google Terms of Service by selecting I Accept.
6. Copy the entire code that begins with "UA-".
7. Go back to your website dashboard and select the Settings icon in the gray navigation bar.
8. Select Apps under the Settings header, and then click on the green "Add Third Party App" button. Under the Analytics tab, select Google Analytics (Universal) to enter in your website information.
Tip: The non-universal Google Analytics option is for our legacy customers who may still be using this type of tracking code. We do not recommend choosing the non-universal option.
9. Paste the code from Google into the field titled Tracking ID, then select the Save button. When you save, the app will parse out the ID that is needed to connect your Google Analytics account. With the new App saved, your tracking code will immediately start to send data to your Google Analytics account.
10. Head into the Google Analytics panel after a day or two and you will begin seeing the data collected since you integrated Google Analytics.
If your analytics require you to put the script into the header of your website, you can easily do this within the Settings portion of our application.
1. Click on the Settings (gear icon) in the gray navigation bar.
2. Hover over the Extra's drop down, and select Performance. Here, you will see a toggle for "Analytics scripts in the document head". Turn that on (blue means that it is activated) and it will be done automatically for you!