Duplicating or reordering blocks is possible through the Content tool and does have a direct impact on the order of your content on the website.
1. Select the Content tab in the gray navigation bar and locate the page you’d like to duplicate a block from or change the order of content on and click into it.
2. Click on the gear icon in the top right corner of the block you’d like to duplicate, and select the blue Duplicate block link.
To reorder the blocks, simply use the hamburger icon (appears as three lines stacked on top of each other on the left side of the block’s title) and click and drag it to the location on the page you’d like it to appear on.
To move a content block:
1. Click on the gear icon in the right corner of the content block, and select the blue Move block button.
2. You will then be prompted to choose a location for this block.
3. Choose the page you would like to move that content block to, and click the Save button to finish the process.
If you are finding that you are not able to move a certain content block to another page, that could be because the page type you are trying to move it to is not optimized to have specific content blocks.
Every page type includes a specific code structure that is important for optimizing SEO and organizing your sitemap, therefore, some content block types won't be allowed to be duplicated or moved unless they are placed into the same page type.
The following is a list of example block types that can only be duplicated or moved into the same page type:
- "Posts" (Note: only one "Posts" content block can be placed in a blog page)
- "Menu list"
Please sign in to leave a comment.