Tasks are used to track work completed by members within your business or organization. The Tasks page automatically tracks all the assigned and completed tasks for you.
Do you need to repeatedly assign the same tasks to your co-workers or teammates? Why spend the time and energy re-creating tasks when you can create a reusable template with specific custom fields for each task? Task templates help you quickly and easily assign common tasks by letting you build templates that work for you.
Do you find yourself struggling to manage the big picture and the nitty-gritty details of the work you assign? Create a project for the larger objective, and break the work down into individual tasks!
Filtering, Sorting, and Searching Tasks
Filter tasks by the team member they were assigned to, who they were assigned by, or deal status using the Filters drop-down menu.
Sort your tasks alphabetically by title, by the date created, date completed, or completion date using the arrows next to the column you'd like to sort by.
Search your tasks for a specific term by using the search bar.
Assigning a New Task
1. Click + Task in the top-right corner of the page.
2. Select a Task Template from your list of available templates.
3. Start typing the name of the contact you would like to add the task to. To make the right contact easier to find, this field will populate with the existing contacts in your CRM.
4. Enter the rest of the relevant info to fill out the new task: title, details, linked projects and/or deals, assignment, time span, privacy options, and reminders.
5. Review the information entered. When complete, click Submit.
To export tasks, click the ⋮ icon in the top-right corner of the page, then select Export Task.
This will give you the option to export any or all task columns. Just select what you'd like to export and click Submit. This tool will generate a CSV file that can be imported into other iHeart Business CRM accounts.
If you've already exported tasks using the process outlined above, importing your file takes only a few clicks!
1. Click the ▾ arrow next to + Task and select Import Tasks.
2. Select the file you created.
3. Click Submit.
The default Column Separator is a comma.
Editing Task Templates
Task Templates can be edited at any time from your Tasks page.
1. Click the ⋮ icon at the top-right corner of the page.
2. Select Task Templates from the drop-down menu.
3. Click the ⋮ icon next to each template to copy or delete it.
Adding a New Task Template
You can also add a new status at any time from your Tasks page.
1. Click the ⋮ icon at the top-right corner of the page and selecting Task Templates.
2. From the Task Templates page, click the Add Task Template button near the top-right corner of the page.
You can also access task templates at any time by navigating to Settings in the page menu at the top of the page, then selecting Task Templates from the left sidebar navigation.